Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Consuming Fire

Consuming Fire

“Then the Word reached His hand into the fire and pulled out a flame. He held His hand out with palm up. The flame danced on His hand and neither burned Him nor went out. Then he said,
“As the fire moves like a hurricane,
And purifies all it touches,
The wicked crawls under rocks for cover.
The righteous say, “Consume us.”

The above is taken from the story, “The Psalmus” from my book, The Caleb Chronicles.

Hebrews 12:29 For our God is a consuming fire.

God's Love is an intense and concentrated Love. His Love is focused only on you, only me, only on us. He wants to spend eternity with you, with me, with us. His Love is an intense fire that burns within Him. It is a passion that is incomparable to any other because, He is jealous for you, for me, for us. Just as a husband is jealous for his bride.

Exo 34:14 For you shall worship no other god; for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God,

For yes, our God is a consuming fire. So, then I pray, “Consume me until all that is left is You.”

Selah, I.H.G.


Pastor D W Riffe


No comments:

Post a Comment