Friday, July 24, 2015

The Illusion of Good:


The Illusion of Good

The Reality of Me

Why do bad things happen to good people? That is the question. The answer is, “Good” is just an illusion on this planet. We are all born with the sin nature, and none of us are good. No. not one.

My thoughts are rarely in-line with God's.

I have been known to cause gossip to grow in strength, and to tell a little “white” lie to put me in a better light.

I have even became angry when I didn't get my way, and love for my neighbor is not always in me.

I speed in my car when I am running late, and I have kept the change when I knew they gave me too much.

I have been impatient, hateful, unloving, rude, spiteful, unkind and down-right mean.

Blessing and cursing has come from my mouth, and to turn away when I see the homeless has become habit.

I have talked about people and ignored people, instead of loving, caring and praying for them.

What I want to do I don't do, and what I don't want to do, I do.

I may not have physically murdered anyone, but if I don't love people, show them the Love of Christ, give them the Love of Christ, then I have murdered in my heart, and it's just the same as doing it . . . . I believe.

This is the reality of me, and good is all an illusion. Jesus says:

Mar 10:18 So Jesus said to him, "Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God.

Selah, I.H.G.

Pastor D W Riffe

The Caleb Chronicles

The Caleb Chronicles @ Facebook and Google+

danielriffesthecalebchronicles.blogspot.com

 

No comments:

Post a Comment